Saturday, March 20, 2010

"Look Mommy, he's naked!" And other inappropriate outbursts in public ...

Today we were out walking at the marina. The weather here has been gorgeous the past couple of days -- it topped 70 degrees yesterday and today. We heard most of our family up North received some snow ... Anyway, we were out for a walk and Ruby is watching the rowing teams bring in their boats. All of a sudden she points to one of the guys and yells "Look Mommy, he's naked!" at the top of her lungs. I don't think he heard her, but still, it was kind of entertaining and embarrassing at the same time.

Ruby is learning a lot about conversing with people. She can answer questions when asked and even try to continue the conversation a bit. She has not learned to filter her thoughts though. And, I have a feeling it will be a long time before she does that, so I better get used to being embarrassed some of the time.

She likes to tell me she's a "dirty little boy" when I am cleaning her up after lunch or dinner. (This comes from a book called The Dirty Little Boy.") And, if a woman has short hair or a man has long hair, she tends to point at them and loudly announce the opposite gender ...

I'm sure there are many examples Ruby has given me that I am now forgetting.

In other news, I joined a gym last week. I can go work out and put the kids in childcare for up to two hours a day. I haven't left them there for that long yet, but it is nice to get an hour to myself at least a few days a week. The gym also offers a number of classes and Ruby and I started parent-tot swim classes. So, for the next six weeks Ruby and I will have a "special date" and go swimming and out to lunch. I love getting to spend some quality time with her, without another screaming child!

No pictures for now, I'll try to post some next week.

No comments:

Custom Search