Monday, December 19, 2011

Clara's One Month Checkup

So, Clara turned one month old and went to the doctor for a checkup and a Hepatitis B shot. As far as her statistics go, she weighed in at 11 pounds, 6 ounces and was 22.5 inches long. Her weight was in the 100th percentile and her length was greater than the 90th percentile. The doctor was very happy with her development.

We talked quite a bit about her "attitude problem," but Dr. James doesn't seem to think there's an easy fix for this. Let me explain this problem ... Clara is not a happy baby. Nowhere near. She cries ALL THE TIME. She doesn't like to nap and seems generally pissed off most of the day, unless she's nursing.

I think it might be reflux (the doctor doesn't, but he gave me medicine to try for that anyway). He thinks she's sensitive to something I'm eating. I'm willing to cut some things out of my diet, but not everything. If it doesn't get better soon, she will likely switch to formula if it will make her happier.

I told the doctor that he needed to write me a prescription for some magic medicine that will cure her crying (while blaming it all on Jason ;) ), and make my house clean itself and get her to take naps ... doubt it's going to work out that way though!

We ordered a new baby swing for her and it should be here before Christmas. I'm hoping that helps her a lot -- someplace that she can be rocked consistently that is soft and warm for naps. I remember that the swings worked wonders for the twins, so maybe, just maybe it will be her miracle baby seat as well.

No comments:

Custom Search