Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Garage Sale/Basement Project

One of the big projects to get ready for the new baby is getting the basement turned into a play room. This means that the basement had to be totally cleared out and painted (because the brown wood paneling was UGLY). So, we picked out some paint and then found a good weekend for a garage sale. I ended up selling our large desk, the futon, the coffee table and end tables as well as a bunch of other stuff. Jason has just finished with the painting and will spend some time doing a few touch ups, but the basement project is just about done! I'm hoping this means that the kids will be able to play downstairs while the baby is sleeping and have a little more room to run around.

Next we just have to figure out the room situation ... Ruby thinks that all of the kids should share a room (and she wants bunk beds). I'm not really opposed to that idea, but we'll have to see how it works out. I think Jason would kill me if I made him start painting the kids' rooms next!

No comments:

Custom Search