Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Four Weeks Old


Ruby is four weeks old today! Friday she will be one month old and has her one month appointment. I'm guessing she'll be around 9 pounds by then. It is crazy to see just how quickly she is growing. And, in other exciting baby news, Ruby slept in her pack and play for over an hour this morning and I was able to get some stuff done without her in my arms!

So, Jason and I officially became Tennessee residents this morning. We got our driver's licenses and registered our cars here. It's so fun to take Ruby out in public, and I don't know if this is just a southern thing, but everyone here loves to play with her. The people working in the clerk's office wanted to hold her while we did our paperwork -- and the other day when we went out to eat, a worker at the restaurant offered to hold her so we could eat!

Now that I have a Tennessee license and license plate, I really feel like I'm starting to belong here. I am working on getting past the "just visiting" mindset and into a "this is my home" mindset. Soon, I'll post pictures of our place, so you all (or y'all) can see where we live.

1 comment:

Kim said...

It's y'all... :-) Adorable pictures!!!! Enjoy the south (for me).

Custom Search